Make The Luxury Last a Lifetime
Caring For Your dot + tom Products
With proper care, your beautiful blanket will remain lovely and soft for decades and be your favourite sustainable product. Luckily, caring for these fine materials isn’t as difficult as you might expect!
We recommend cold hand washing or dry cleaning to keep your blankets, throws, and scarves fresh and soft. We prefer the cold wash method as this is much kinder on the environment than dry cleaning.
Cold Washing Directions
Hand Washing Cashmere, Merino Wool, and 100% Wool
- One spotlessly clean sink or basin
- Plenty of fresh lukewarm water
- Cashmere detergent or baby shampoo
- Two clean, dry bath towels
- Tissue paper (optional)
- Fill a clean sink or basin with lukewarm water.
- Add a capful of cashmere shampoo or baby shampoo and gently hand wash the blanket.
- Treat any stains or problem areas with a little extra cashmere shampoo, massaging gently with your fingertips.
- Allow your blanket or scarf to soak for ten minutes and then rinse thoroughly with cool water.
- Gently press out water and place the blanket on the first towel. Roll up the towel with the blanket inside, and squeeze out excess water by gently pressing down with your palms.
- Unroll the towel and place the blanket flat on the second towel. Leave to air dry flat, or smooth the blanket out on a drying rack to avoid any wrinkles.
- When the scarf or blanket is dry, store by folding in tissue paper to absorb any excess moisture and leave it silky soft and ready to be used.
- If your scarf or blanket wrinkles, press with a cool iron.
Note: You may also machine wash your dot + tom products on a cold, gentle cycle. Follow drying directions above. Do not tumble dry.
Never hang delicate wool products. To store, fold in tissue paper to absorb any excess moisture and keep the material perfectly soft. Store folded cashmere, merino wool, and 100% wool close to mothballs or our favorite organic alternative, a freshly picked sprig of rosemary.
Pilling is a natural characteristic of our wool material’s long fibres, not a sign of poor quality! You can remove pilling by gently stroking the material with a cashmere comb to return your blanket or scarf to its original beauty.